Sponsored

Monday 16 August 2021

Is Data Analytics A Promising Career Path?

I sincerely hope this hits frontpage as I need as many sensible responses as possible.

This is going to be a really long one.

I'm a 21 year old penultimate student of one of Nigeria's federal universities.

I'm one of those, I can never work under a boss. I'd rather have my own business people. However, this choice took a different turn the relationship I thought was going to lead me through the isle ended in the mud. I eventually figured out that my decision to own my own business and not get a job were influenced by three things:

1. My life was wrapped around the guy I was in a relationship with. I didn't really have a life of my own. My ambition when I was with him was mostly to start a business, finish my first degree, and be a sit-at-home mum and wife. I kicked against getting a second degree and even rejected two sponsorships to relocate to Canada because I wanted to be with my man (my mumu no get part two that time).

2. I saw how badly my mom was treated at her place of work by her boss(es). I'd usually get angry and eventually vowed never to get a job.

3. I considered myself someone who's not brilliant and smart enough for the cooperate world. (Low self-esteem).

The nonsense relationship ended in a terrible way but I eventually picked up myself and moved on. Now, I'm beginning to love the cooperate world but choosing a career path has become a headache. I've been totally confused. Some of my classmates are taking ICAN and ACCA. Some are also taking CFA courses (I'm studying economics) but I have no interest in CFA, ICAN or ACCA.

I spoke with a friend of mine and he advised me to consider data analysis but I have my doubts and fears. So many questions have been ringing in my head.

How do I choose a career path that I don't eventually get frustrated with at the end of the day?

How promising is Data analysis as a career path?

What's the average pay in this field.

I'd really love to thread a path where I have even the slightest spark of passion but I can't seem to connect my passion with data analysis.

Is passion important in choosing a career path?

It feels like I've been wasting my life all these years on a man so much that the only passions I have are:

1. Writing (I earned a few naira notes during the lockdown from this)
2. Hair styling (I fantasize about this and even beg people to let me make their hair)
3. Selling (I really love to sell)

What else? Nothing.

If I'm going to be sincere and truthful to myself, those three things are the only things that truly make sense to me when it comes to earning but I feel I should do more and spend some time in the cooperate world.

Wait, tell me y'all understand what I wrote up there because my mind is all over the place right now and I don't know what to think anymore.

Thank you in advance.

source http://www.nairaland.com/6702558/data-analytics-promising-career-path
Disqus Comments